Unaccepting Family...

Talk about relationships & everything else going on in your personal life.

Moderators: curlylocs, Hale.Kat.101, Francescab.xx, BronaghKhloè, _babezie_, karkat0219, pyneapples, Papavanilla

CheyTheAmazing

Unaccepting Family...

Post by CheyTheAmazing » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:08 pm

My brother recently found out I'm trans from a "friend" of mine who I thought I could trust. He threatened to beat me and my father said I'm still "his son" although I'm. Not. A. Guy. My mother is probably the only accepting one of my family, and she's in the hospital right now. My brother said that he wants to put me through conversion therapy, but that would just make my depression escalate. I just want to be myself, and I don't know what to do...

Epic_Rager

Re: Unaccepting Family...

Post by Epic_Rager » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Do you want to convert your physical appearance? Do you want to start hormone therapy?
Hope your mom gets better, it's nothing life threatening right?
Eh. I tried.

DankEmo25

Post by DankEmo25 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm so sorry that your family doesnt accept you the way you are. I'm sure that you are a beautiful girl :). I would suggest hanging out with the close friends that you can trust and who accept you for you. That might make you feel better. I really dislike families who can't just love their kids how they are. My family is transphobic and homophobic. I'm pansexual and I haven't told them because they will most likely hate me. I don't have that many friends to talk to though. If you need to talk, I'm always here too :).
No matter how it may seem, there will always be at least one person in life that will understand and love you for who you are. So hang in there.

CheyTheAmazing

Post by CheyTheAmazing » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Epic_Rager wrote:Do you want to convert your physical appearance? Do you want to start hormone therapy?
It's nothing life threatening. Just very painful. A kidney stone in each kidney. But yeah, I want to change my physical appearance and be on hormones

CheyTheAmazing

Post by CheyTheAmazing » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:47 pm

DankEmo25 wrote:I'm so sorry that your family doesnt accept you the way you are. I'm sure that you are a beautiful girl :). I would suggest hanging out with the close friends that you can trust and who accept you for you. That might make you feel better. I really dislike families who can't just love their kids how they are. My family is transphobic and homophobic. I'm pansexual and I haven't told them because they will most likely hate me. I don't have that many friends to talk to though. If you need to talk, I'm always here too :).
Thank you <3
I have a few friends to talk to ^-^
I will keep in mind your offer, dear. I'm not all that beautiful tbh
I have 2 pics of me attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hopertskee

Post by Hopertskee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:53 pm

CheyTheAmazing wrote:
DankEmo25 wrote:I'm so sorry that your family doesnt accept you the way you are. I'm sure that you are a beautiful girl :). I would suggest hanging out with the close friends that you can trust and who accept you for you. That might make you feel better. I really dislike families who can't just love their kids how they are. My family is transphobic and homophobic. I'm pansexual and I haven't told them because they will most likely hate me. I don't have that many friends to talk to though. If you need to talk, I'm always here too :).
Thank you <3

you're beautiful dont let anyone tell you different
i know how it is to be in a non accepting home, my parents have a very conservative mindset i hope things go better for you <3

Epic_Rager

Post by Epic_Rager » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:58 pm

CheyTheAmazing wrote:
Epic_Rager wrote:Do you want to convert your physical appearance? Do you want to start hormone therapy?
It's nothing life threatening. Just very painful. A kidney stone in each kidney. But yeah, I want to change my physical appearance and be on hormones
Alright well your mom is who you should stay extra close with. Ask her if you two can go an speak to your doctor about the hormones you need.
Oh I just saw the photos you uploaded. You're older than I thought. I saw a picture of you before. But you looked younger. That doesn't change anything, I was just going to reply to you as a younger person.
I just noticed that says conversion therapy.. What the hell? Your brother is very closed minded. I'm assuming he's older than you since he threatened to beat you..
Honestly I'm not sure what to say, Yes be yourself. Do not go through any conversion therapy. You know who you are inside, and your brother has no right to try and change you. Try to ignore how close minded your dad and brother. Sadly, you might have to deal with it, like i said before..stay close to your mom..
And like Dankemo said, make sure you have close friends that you can talk to and will help you through this.
Eh. I tried.

Hereforall

Post by Hereforall » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:47 pm

I agree with everyone
Hope it helped :D

CheyTheAmazing

Post by CheyTheAmazing » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Epic_Rager wrote:
CheyTheAmazing wrote:
Alright well your mom is who you should stay extra close with. Ask her if you two can go an speak to your doctor about the hormones you need.
Oh I just saw the photos you uploaded. You're older than I thought. I saw a picture of you before. But you looked younger. That doesn't change anything, I was just going to reply to you as a younger person.
I just noticed that says conversion therapy.. What the hell? Your brother is very closed minded. I'm assuming he's older than you since he threatened to beat you..
Honestly I'm not sure what to say, Yes be yourself. Do not go through any conversion therapy. You know who you are inside, and your brother has no right to try and change you. Try to ignore how close minded your dad and brother. Sadly, you might have to deal with it, like i said before..stay close to your mom..
And like Dankemo said, make sure you have close friends that you can talk to and will help you through this.
Thank you, dear. I'm only 17 btw. People say I look older than that XD

CheyTheAmazing

Post by CheyTheAmazing » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Hopertskee wrote:
CheyTheAmazing wrote:
Thank you <3

you're beautiful dont let anyone tell you different
i know how it is to be in a non accepting home, my parents have a very conservative mindset i hope things go better for you <3
Thank you so much, dear <3
It means a lot to have support from everyone here ^-^

Epic_Rager

Post by Epic_Rager » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:22 pm

CheyTheAmazing wrote:
Epic_Rager wrote:
CheyTheAmazing wrote: It's nothing life threatening. Just very painful. A kidney stone in each kidney. But yeah, I want to change my physical appearance and be on hormones
Haha yeah you do look older :b
Stay strong!
Eh. I tried.

CheyTheAmazing

Post by CheyTheAmazing » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Epic_Rager wrote:
CheyTheAmazing wrote:
Epic_Rager wrote: Alright well your mom is who you should stay extra close with. Ask her if you two can go an speak to your doctor about the hormones you need.
Haha yeah you do look older :b
Stay strong!
You too, dear <3
You can always talk to me if you want to, as well ^-^

youhitlikeagxrl

Post by youhitlikeagxrl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:04 pm

Hey I just wanted to say you are absolutely gorgeous and I'm so sorry to hear everything that you are going through if you ever need anyone to talk I'm here (: stay strong xx

JordynB21

Post by JordynB21 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm so sorry this is happening I get it I'm pansexual and I can't be myself in front of my family without them telling me I'm wrong, and I'm an attention whore.

CheyTheAmazing

Post by CheyTheAmazing » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:19 pm

JordynB21 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:13 pm
I'm so sorry this is happening I get it I'm pansexual and I can't be myself in front of my family without them telling me I'm wrong, and I'm an attention whore.
It's okay, dear <3
I'm here for you <3